A core part of the Water Street Studios mission is to provide artists with affordable space to develop their craft in the company of other artists with a network of support and inspiration. As an integral part of our community, the Batavia Artists Association at Water Street Studios strives to create a personal and diverse venue for creativity, collaboration, expression and education. Welcome to the Access Program.
Fall into the slip!
Build, spin, or mold your own fom.
Light up sparky!
Weld, saw or plama cut your way through life.
Let's get inky!
Emerging Printmaking program, Variety of presses to suit every printmaking process.
How it Works:
Water Street Studios strives to create an environment in which artists, regardless of their level of expertise, have access to the equipment that is needed to make their art without having to rent a studio in the facility. Members will have independent access to the studio during open studio hours when the Access manager is present. A schedule will be posted. Open studio time during non-gallery hours may be scheduled with the Access manager. Hours may change depending on availability. It is required that a valid driver's license be 'checked in' with the Access manager upon arrival to be returned once work has been done, equipment has been cleaned and put away and studio space used has been cleaned. Access members are required to vacate the studio 30 minutes before the posted open studio time ends or 30 minutes before the gallery closes. Prior to having access at Water Street Studios, we ask our Access Members to take one of our classes in the field you are wanting to head into. We also provide a tour, share how our organization works, and ways the studio can be utilized.
- Ceramic Studio Manager: Collin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Welders Shop Manager: Clark Hosp (email@example.com)
- Printshop Manager: Kim Freidricks (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contracts begin on the first day of the following month. Pro ration will be considered for artists wanting to gain access before the first of the month. Currently, the membership rate is guaranteed for six months. The membership rate will increase as more equipment becomes a part of the Water Street Studios ceramic studio and available to members.
Access Membership Options:
- One Week Membership
- One Month Membership
- Three Month Membership
- Six Month Membership
Fees are due by the first of each month. If payment is not received by the 5th, use of the studio will be suspended until fees are paid in full including a 5% late fee. Payment (cash or check) should be left in the small School of Art mailbox in the south classroom. Three- and six-month contracts must be paid in advance to receive discount pricing.
A $50.00 refundable deposit is due at time of application. Deposit becomes non-refundable and may assess additional fees if the following guidelines are not followed:
- You must know and follow the health and safety guidelines.
- You must be able to work independently.
- You must show respect for the facility and use all studio equipment responsibly.
- You must show consideration and respect for other members, their space, and their property.
- You must sign code of conduct as well as standards for using the Ceramic studio.
- You may not allow non-members use of the facilities, tools, equipment, or supplies.
- You may not remove any tools, equipment, or supplies at any time.
- You damage any equipment.
- You break your contract.
- You take shop equipment or materials/supplies.
- You do not vacate before the fifth of the non-contract month.
- You violate the code of conduct.
Notify the Access manager 10 days before the end of your contract to discuss renewal or completion. 3 days for one week memberships.